Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Today is Wednesday



I think lately I have been more than blessed with things to do and friends to see. I am also really surprised that my stay at home was not boring at all! I was definitely preoccupied and somehow didn't even find a need to sleep as early as 10PM like I usually do when I am home. Movies and How I met Your Mother definitely had a part to play in that.

Spending time with parents, family, going out to eat, seeing old friends were definitely all very healing things that could not have come at a better time. Physical healing paired with emotional nourishment -- a very satisfyingly lived summer indeed.

I've been reflecting a lot that I have definitely been receiving richly this summer. A lot of love, care and just joy from doing things I want and love to do. Like yesterday going to trivia night , having breakfast/brunch with dear friends and just having fun being a 20 something year old. I hope this will bring me to a place where I am able to love freely again, because I have been running out of that lately. I want to care and vision and walk WITH people again, instead of just being kinda inconsistent and half-heartedly present in a lot of my relationships.

I realized also that even if I don't want to do something, that love is many times more of an action than a feeling and that good can come out of me doing something even if it is half-assed and close to an empty gesture. I know doing good and choosing to act out of the reason for love will not bring myself any glory, but be glorifying to the one above. Meh. just a thought.

Okay, stay tuned for more creative breakfasts and random thoughts later...

Amber

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

i am diggin the breakfast blogs
and i am so glad you're out of m.i.a. :)

lets love ppl together!

<3