Saturday, February 27, 2010

Justin Beiber

At first when I heard him, I was like "who is this annoying little prepubescent teenybopper?"

But I think I'm diggin' his jams. Yes, I endorse this young musician and as many people are like "dude he sounds like he's 12 what a n00b" I actually think he's a breath of fresh air amidst all the vulgar lyrics about "hotel motels" and how "she's all upon me screamin' yeahhhhh".

I mean I've had an up and down relationship w/ rap and hip hop. I love the beats, but the lyrics are just so gross these days it's not easy to listen to it seriously without shaking my head. It's an open-forum most of the time to degrade and oversexualize females.

But w/ Mr. Beiber, even the usual durrrtay-lyriced rap stars featured on his songs are singing very nice and respectful things about females.

You take my breathe away, with every thing
You say. I just wanna be with you my baby,
My baby, ohhh. My miss don’t play no games,
Treats you no other way, that you deserve,
Cause you’re the girl of my dreams.


Now that's pretty cute, yes? :)

No comments: