Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Autumn date



Tuesdays are supposed to be one of the most stress free days this quarter -- I only have taichi in the morning! Usually, though, I end up having to run errands or meet up with people, so I actually don't have as much time to really sit around and be bored as I thought. I actually noticed that my afternoon/evening that day until small group has been pretty free and people-less for the most part and I've been using them to soak in the crisp, beautiful scenes of fall all bundled up in my cold-weather wardrobe. Mmm so nice!

I like to stroll downtown near sunset and notice picturesque trees against the backdrop of glowing skies and smudges of clouds. It's nice hearing the sounds of conversations passing you by and the wind rustling the leaves. Some people have a really great fall fashion styles! I like sitting in cozy cafes, sipping on too much tea and noticing the different people around me. I like to make up conversations for the ones I can't hear: an older couple where the man is telling her that she's joy and light in his life; or a mom and daughter making strides in their growing relationship.




There's something about walking downtown by yourself on any old fall day that is beautiful and oddly romantic. I get to notice all these details at my pace, get lost in my thoughts and muse about the things around me. Ah, yup. Methinks there's nothing like a date with yourself. Do you find that strange? :)



Amber

1 comment:

mandacakes said...

agreed. i LOVE having dates with myself. teehee, and it's fun to make it especially cute :)