Saturday, June 27, 2009

My parents

If my dad and mom are away from each other (i.e. one is in Shanghai and the other is in San Jose), one of them will call the other at 3-4pm Pacific time (7-8AM Shanghai time) for updates, small talk and general happenings.

Sometimes one will call the other a few hours later to rant or remark on something interesting.

Just now, my dad called the skype while it was just me on the computer:

"Hey Amber," my dad says in Chinese, "are you going back on Monday?"

"Yes," I reply, "my friend is taking me back."

"Oh okay. Hey get mom over here quick!"

"Uhhh..ok," I yell for my mom to get in the computer room because Dad wants to talk to her.

"Hey!" my dad exclaims really excitedly, "the jam i just opened is moldy!"


Seriously, Dad? You went out of your way to skype mom about moldy Jam?

Funniest/randomnest moment I was a part of all day.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

that's too cute
::throws up::

jk
i'm bitter =D