Friday, June 26, 2009

Flipping out

Guess what? My body is flipping out. I got a fever yesterday, probably due to an inflammatory response to the trauma of surgery. Some special website describes it as this:

Fever has several common causes, including an inflammatory response to the trauma of an operation; a high metabolic rate that occurs with the stress of an operation, which causes the body to burn more calories and generate more heat; and infections, such as pneumonia, urinary tract infections, and infections at the operative site. Pneumonia may be prevented by periodically breathing forcefully in and out of a hand-held device (incentive spirometry) and coughing as needed.

I was totally freaking out. All of the sudden I felt semi-delirious and my heartbeat wasn't normal. In my semi-frazzled state I thought I was going to die. I ended up just sleeping for like 12 hours and I think most of the fever is gone My ankle doesnt' even hurt that much anymore!! Hah Amber > Vicodin. I don't need YOU. RAWRWARAWRWAR


Oh, I'm also losing about 1% muscle mass a day from being sofa-ridden for most of the day.

I hope I am neither infected or that my wound is doing funky things.


gahh.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

amber i am going to pray for youuuuuuuuuuuu